What do I do when your prepaid meter is not working?
- Unplug the keypad and plug it into a different power outlet socket that is closer to the main distribution board.
- Unplug all the appliances near the keypad.
- Systematically disconnect other household appliances that are plugged in and switch on and see if any one of them is causing the problem (eg DSTV etc).
- Check that light lamps are switched off.
- Should the problem continue log a call with the services call centre on
Why is my prepaid token not working?
When your meter number is wrong, it becomes impossible to load tokens on the meter.
Why is my prepaid meter blocked?
It happens occasionally that a pre-paid electricity meter is “Blocked by Credit Control” due to arrears Rates or the Account Payment was made after the due date.
Why is my prepaid meter showing red light?
It's completely normal for there to be a flashing red light on your meter. In fact, the light shows that energy is being used – and sometimes it will flash faster if there is more energy being used.
My meter is dispensing fast.
All prepaid meter token is generated from one central server both for online payments and the vending office. There is no difference buying online. Please turn of all appliances when not in use as appliances left on standby can still draw about 20% ...
Can I load the token I purchased on another prepaid meter?
The token is generated and encrypted using the unique ID of the meter. This is to ensure that the token generated can only be used by the specific meter.